Welcome To The Shepherd’s House International
CARING for people. EQUIPPING people for destiny. PREPARING people for eternity.
TSHICC’S TENETS AND FAITH OF DOCTRINE
We Are Followers Of Jesus Christ, The Good, The Great, And The Chief Shepherd
1. THE INSPIRED WORD OF GOD – The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is God’s revelation to mankind that is infallible and is high above man’s conscience thinking and reasoning (2 Timothy 3:14-17; 1 Peter 1:23-25; Hebrews 4:12).
2. THE ONE TRUE GODHEAD – The Godhead represents three (3) separate and distinct personalities that are equal and eternal-God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, yet, they exists and function as one unified, all-powerful being. The Lord, Jesus Christ, is God manifested in the flesh because in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead (Colossians 2:9; John 14:7-11).
3. MAN’S FALL AND REDEMPTION – In the beginning, God created Adam to be good and upright in His (God’s) own image and likeness. However, when Adam fell through his voluntary transgression, we all (mankind) fell. But, God made a way of redemption for us through Jesus Christ, His Son (Genesis 1:26-31; 3:1-7; Romans 5:12-21).
4. THE SALVATION OF MAN – Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ who was the precious Lamb of God offered up as a perfect sacrifice to pay the debt of sin, once and for all (Psalm 103:3; romans 3:24, 10:8-10; Ephesians 2:8).
5. THE EVIDENCE OF SALVATION – The inward evidence of our salvation is a direct witness between our own spirit and the Holy Spirit that we are indeed born-again children of God (Romans 8:116). The outward evidence is that the Holy Spirit begins to help us to live a life of righteousness and true holiness (2 Peter 3:14; 1 John 3:23).
6. FAITH AND WORKS – Our salvation comes by faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ, and not by our human works. But, also faith without our works is dead, because a man is justified by his works and not by faith only. That is why the scripture teaches us that our works will determine the spiritual rewards we will receive in eternity (Romans 10:9-13; James 2:14-26; 2 Corinthians 5:10).
7. BAPTISM IN WATER – We are to be baptized in water in obedience to the commandment of the Lord, Jesus Christ. By doing this, we make an open declaration that we identify with Him in His death, burial and resurrection, and have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life. Baptism in water is also known as “the circumcision of Christ.” (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48; Romans 6:3-4; Colossians 2:11-15)
8. THE LORD’S SUPPER (HOLY COMMUNION) – The Lord, Jesus Christ, commanded that we partake in a Holy Communion ceremony. When we eat of the bread, representing His Body, and drink from the cup, representing His Blood, we are doing so in remembrance of His redeeming sacrifice for us. Before we partake, we must examine ourselves to ensure that our hearts and motives are pure before the Lord (1 Corinthians 11:23-29).
9. THE SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE – Holy matrimony or marriage was established and ordained by God to be a relationship between one man and one woman in accordance with God’s Word (Genesis 2:23-24; Ephesians 5:22-33).
10. FATHER GOD’S PROMISE – All believers are entitled to and should expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, which is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and Fire. This baptism will empower you to live a life of holiness and service and receive spiritual gifts for use in the work of the ministry (Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:1-28).
11. THE EVIDENCE OF BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT – The full consummation of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit is evidenced by the sign of speaking in unknown tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance, and by subsequent manifestation of spiritual power in testimony and service (Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 19:1-6).
12. THE CHURCH – The Church is the Body of the Lord, Jesus Christ, which is a habitation for God, the Father, through the Holy Spirit to impart divine appointments and callings to believers to do the work of the ministry. Each believer is an important part of the church assembly (1 Corinthians 12:12-28).
13. TOTAL PROSPERITY FOR THE BELIEVER – Father, God, wants every believer to prosper in all aspects of life- spiritually, mentally, physically, financially and socially (Romans 10:9-10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; 2 Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 53:4-5; Luke 6:38; Acts 2:40-47).
14. THE BLESSED HOPE OF THE BELIEVER – The Lord, Jesus Christ, is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself because He has prepared a place for us in the Father’s House (John 14:1-3; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
15. THE LAKE OF FIRE AND BRIMSTONE – There is a lake of fire that’s been prepared for Satan, the beast, and the false prophet and anyone whose name is not written in the Lamb’s Book of Life, where they will suffer everlasting punishment and separation from God. This is the second death (Revelation 19:20; 20:10-15).
16. THE MILLENNIAL REIGN OF CHRIST – The Lord Jesus Christ will return with His saints from heaven to rule and reign on the earth for one thousand years. After this, Satan, Death and Hell will be casted into the Lake of Fire. There will be a new heaven and a new earth where the saints will reign with Christ forever, AMEN (Revelation 19:11-21; 20, 21).
Our mission is to present a visible demonstration of the love of Jesus Christ to one another, our community, and the world.
A Place Of Refuge And Love
In April 2015, Pastor R. Kevin Matthews birthed in his heart The Shepherd’s International Christian Church (TSHICC). In March 2017, TSHICC became established in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Serving, Supporting, and Helping
We encourage our members to serve the community at large by the vast amount of services we offer- mentoring, tutoring services, economic and social justice awareness, health and wellness seminars, ecological stewardship, business and academic partnerships, drug/alcohol prevention and recovery programs to foster greater awareness.